Frequently asked questions
on laminate flooring
- What is a laminate floor?
- Are Quick-Step Laminate floors sensitive to static electricity?
- Can I use Quick-Step Laminate in my kitchen?
- Can I use Quick-Step Laminate in my bathroom?
- How do I avoid humidity problems?
- Can Quick-Step Laminate be installed around my stove?
- Can Quick-Step Laminate be installed on top of an existing floor?
- I'm susceptible to allergies. Is Quick-Step Laminate a good choice?
- Can castor chairs be used on a Quick-Step Laminate floor?
- Can I use Quick-Step Laminate in my veranda?
- Can I install Quick-Step Laminate on stairs?
- Can I use Quick-Step Laminate in combination with underfloor heating or cooling?
Preparation & installation
- Quick-step underlays. Why?
- How should I install an underlay?
- How long should I wait before I can lay Quick-Step Laminate on a fresh concrete floor or screed?
- Do I really need expansion joints between every room?
- What is the maximum floor length I can install without expansion joint?
- Which tools do I need to install laminate flooring?
- How can I cut or saw a Laminate floor?
- How should I install laminate around round shapes?
- How should I install laminate in a room with a curved wall?
- How to install laminate around radiator tubes?
- How to install laminate in a room with slanted walls?
- Can I also glue panels with Uniclic together? After all, a glued joint must be stronger than a glueless one?
- Can I glue down Quick-Step Laminate floors to the subfloor?
Maintenance & repair
- How should I clean and maintain my Quick-Step floor?
- Do I need a special cleaning procedure or cleaning product to maintain my floor?
- How do I prevent scratches on my Laminate floor?
- How can I remove scuff marks from my laminate floor?
- How can I remove stains from my laminate floor?
- How can I fix a rising laminate floor?
- How can I fix open joints in my laminate flooring?
- How should I deal with spilled water on my laminate floor?
- How can I repair a damaged laminate board?