HOW TO FINISH
Finish your Quick-Step hardwood floor in style
FINISH YOUR HARDWOOD FLOORING
CONSULT AN EXPERT
Finishing your wooden floor
STEP 1: Install your skirting boards
Installing your skirting boards is simple. There’s a skirting board to match every wooden floor design in the range, so once you’ve selected the boards to match your floor, just proceed as follows:
- First of all, measure the lengths of your walls from corner to corner.
- Use a circular saw to cut the skirting boards to the right angle.
- Apply a layer of glue evenly to each skirting board and press it firmly into place.
STEP 2: Add your finishing profiles
Finishing profiles are extremely useful and serve multiple purposes: as well as helping to level out height differences between different floor levels, they also allow you to combine different types of flooring.
If you have a floating installation, you’ll need to put one in every doorway, and you may find you need them in larger rooms as well. But no need to panic, because Quick-Step finishing profiles are all super easy to install, and so all you need to do is choose between a perfectly colour-matched 5-in-1 Incizo profile, or one of our aluminium profiles.
Explore our range of profiles
STEP 3: The finer detailsWhen it comes to a new floor or floor renovation, it’s those little details that make all the difference. Why not add our stylish radiator covers to bring extra elegance to your new interior. You can also use the Kit to add a finishing touch to those places where you aren’t able to install skirting boards, but be sure to avoid filling necessary dilatation joints.
Explore our finishing accessories
STEP 4: Finish your stairs
Maybe now’s the time to extend your luxurious new wooden floor to your stairs, and spruce up your staircase as well with our matching stair covers. It’s easy – all you need are basic DIY skills!
- Remove the old floor covering completely so that your stairs are clean and level.
- Use a circular saw to cut your planks to the dimensions of each stair’s vertical side.
- Glue the cut plank to the vertical side.
- Place an aluminium profile on the edge of the stair and firmly screw it into place.
- Saw your planks to size so that they cover each step and then glue them down horizontally. They should always fit snugly against the vertical side.
- And then just repeat stair by stair.
Once the final touches are all completed, all that remains is to step back and admire your sumptuous new interior. A job well done!
Still got questions?
Need help finishing your project to your satisfaction?
Take a look at our help centre, which contains answers to the most frequently asked questions!