How to install vinyl on stairs
You can easily cover your stairs with Quick-Step Vinyl using the right profiles.
The right profiles
Below you can find which profiles you should you use for your vinyl floor:
- the Quick-Step Incizo profile and the Incizo Aluminium base profile for Click Flex Vinyl and Alpha Vinyl.
- the aluminium Stair Profile Click for Click Flex Vinyl.
- the aluminium Stair Profile Glue Outer Corner and Stair Profile Glue Inner Corner for Glue Flex Vinyl.
The only condition is that the steps of your staircase must be straight and not rounded. The subfloor must be porous to have a strong adhesion between the glue and subfloor.
Installing vinyl profiles on your stairs
Below you can find one of the different possibilities.
Follow these steps for installing the Stair Profile Click to give your stairs the luxurious appeal of a beautiful Click Flex Vinyl floor.
- Start by removing any old floor covering. Repair any damage and make sure that the surface area of your stairs is perfectly clean and level.
- Cut the planks to the dimensions of the vertical side of each step. Use gloves and cut away from your body. We recommend using a concave cutter knife. Next, glue the plank that has been cut to measure to the vertical side.
- Take an aluminium profile and carefully place it on the edge of the stairs. Firmly screw this in position.
- Your steps will probably have a lot of irregularities. You will need to make these level using a levelling compound. Once this has been taken care of, sand everything down and vacuum. The transition between the aluminium profile and the surface of your stairs must be completely smoothed over as well.
- After this, you can start cutting the vinyl to size to cover each step. Glue them down and make sure that they fit snugly against the vertical side. Press firmly. Now your staircase looks like new.
- Repeat these steps for the rest of the stairs.
After 24h of drying of the glued installation, you can use your stairs.