Follow these steps to give your stairs the luxurious appeal of a beautiful vinyl floor.
1. Start by removing any old floor covering. Repair any damage and make sure that the surface area of your stairs is perfectly clean and level.
2. Cut the planks to the dimensions of the vertical side of each step. Use gloves and cut away from your body. We recommend using a concave cutter knife. Next, glue the plank that has been cut to measure to the vertical side.
3. Take an aluminium profile and carefully place it on the edge of the stairs. Firmly screw this in position.
4. Your steps will probably have a lot of irregularities. You will need to make these level using a levelling compound. Once this has been taken care of, sand everything down and vacuum. The transition between the aluminium profile and the surface of your stairs must be completely smoothed over as well.
5. After this, you can start cutting the vinyl to size to cover each step. Glue them down and make sure that they fit snugly against the vertical side. Press firmly. Now your staircase looks like new.
6. Repeat these steps for the rest of the stairs.
Watch the video
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Oops. Something went wrong.
An unknown error has occurred. Please try again. If the issue continues, please get in touch.
Find a dealer nearby
Whether you’ve already found the perfect flooring or want to explore some more: our vast network of Quick-Step dealers is always close by.
Order online with confidence
Order via our Webshop with confidence for home delivery. Now with 10% discount on all laminate and vinyl flooring until end of April.